Introduction to Android App Development
In the early introduction to Android App Development, The world was very prone to digital robbery as it was before as the digitization of money has taken over the country and mobile wallets are the new trend. People have stopped carrying cash in hand rather they use the various application like Paytm, Phone Pay, Google wallet, BHIM App and many such Android Apps developed under a strict interface to protect their money. But a person trusts these apps and giving away their account information.
Then there are apps which keep the personal information of the user starting from photos to the high-grade business details too. Mobile Apps have become more than personal assistance. There are so many usages of mobile apps we carry in our small supercomputer in our pockets. But how to actually execute these? There are some programmer, who are applying their skills in making a secure app. All this to keep the end user a satisfied..
According to stats, 65% of data that are on mobile are encrypted. This data which are actually protected while the other 35% is not secure and highly available for threats. Even though the applications provide a secure framework and codes there are increments in attacks. This led to many companies do regular safety checks on user data to keep it secure. How do they do it?
How to Secure Apps:
We will discuss the security features that help in securing the App from potential threats.
- Secure Native Code: The use of the Android software development kit (SDK) is preferable over Android Nexperia development kit (NDK). As during the integration the native code takes data online, which can contain files these, may not be secure.
- Multi-level authentication: Session management and information erase on system disconnection are two major tools for this. Assurance of the app carried out by using advanced authentication mechanisms and authorized application.
- Data Encryption: It is a system to secure data in a single device. It ensures data transit among the developer and application code. Encryption is the most secure way of saving data from hackers.
- Securing the Server: Servers are the most vulnerable thing to hackers by attacking the API of the server. A firewall addition may help in securing the API or reviewing the code also.
- Saving the Network data: Using a proactive defense mechanism to secure the transit data is very important. A Non-compliant devices authorization is incorporated to access corporate data.
- Detecting Tampered Code: Playing an anti-tampered check before integration of code is important. It includes sign verification, checking virus and various logs.
- Client Data Securing: Employ a storage system to store client’s data. If Developer save data in server, it can save any data leak on losing the device.
- Regular Updates & Testing: Old Apps are usually not updated for more than a quarter of year are liable to leak data. Hackers look for such apps to crack the code and extract the data. Regular updates can lead to breaking the code and reconstructing to make it impossible for hackers to get it cracked.
As per the requirement, the developer needs to consult the client about the development, so that developers create trust in the client regarding the app. A Developers should continuously update of services, so as to stay updated about the security reports and new technologies. Many businesses develop their applications to meet the needs of their client, GPC Softwares makes an attempt to Android Apps development without any loopholes in the program and make highly secure apps for clients.